Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Snake

I couldn’t recall since when I appeared to be awfully scared of snake, emmm…Let me recall …I reckon it should be during uni time, but I couldn’t recall the cause at all.

When I was in the age of 5 to 8, I did follow my grandmother to go for a SNAKE movie. The gal in the movie stayed along with plenty of snakes in a well, yuck; nonetheless, I still dared to watch the movie!!

Well, I deem the reason I scared of snake mostly because I am scared of wriggling animals even like earthworm and eel. I feel disgusting with the wriggling animals indeed. Albeit I am pretty scared of snake, I did touch a boa before. Cool? Ya, even myself couldn’t believe it, and IT HAPPENED!

It was a fine day after finishing my SPM Examination, several friends and me visited a wild life zoo in Penang. My friends suggested to see snakes, no objection from me as all of them were keen on the snakes sighting. I had no choice but waited for them elsewhere. I waited and waited for so long, they haven’t come back to meet me yet. I was impatient, and looked for them at the snake park.


When I walked towards them, I saw a boa coiled up on the bench and all of my friends were touching the non-toxic boa. I yelled and ran away as prompt as I could! It’s ridiculous, ended up I did go back and touched the boa. Till today, I still couldn’t figure out why I turned back to touch the boa and most importantly why did I have the gut to do so.

Thereafter, I was exceedingly scared of snake even looking at the picture. I dare not watch snake movie at all. If snake appears in a movie, I will close my eye till it disappears on the show, sigh …


As I mentioned earlier on, I am not merely scared of snakes, I do scared of snakelike reptiles. Australia has lots of unnamable reptiles and they allow these kind of reptiles creeping in the zoos along with the visitors. I was scrupulously walking on the path whilst visiting Australian zoos. Once, I saw the zookeeper carrying a snakelike and crocodilian reptile in hand and quickly walked aside. Who knew the zookeeper carrying the reptile and showed it to my companions one by one. Gosh, I was so scared she would walk towards me, and she did! Of course, I shrieked and ran away, haha, how amusing! And, all of my companions knew I am terribly scared of snake.

There was a snakes show in the zoo prior to a tigers show. I wished to go for tigers show but refused to go for snakes show. Everybody has gone for snakes show excepted me. I was so upset and lounging in a souvenir shop waiting for the snakes show to be ended. After a while, the driver came and looked for me. He told me all the snakes have gone!! You can now go for the tigers show! It's so touching, the driver purposely came down and told me it's time for tigers show. Heartfelt thanks to Andrew, our driver for EQI tour in Queensland!

Lotsa friends said snakes are beautiful as they are flowerlike animals; snakes are colourful and normally attired in black, brown, green and yellow. Hence, they don’t look scary but look attractive like what’s describing in Wubai’s song:

你是一条婀娜的蛇蜿蜒在银色的月亮闪亮的身躯舞动著舌
夜晚的星空唱著歌

Hey hey, pal. How about you? Do you scared of snakes like me or more impressed by its colourful garment?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today may have to attend meeting outside office for the whole day. But I suddenly recall of not placing my comment for your Snake article. ha ha ha!

~very remarkably amusing and lively article, instigating me to laugh incessantly while reading through!

~Good try and having a good day

呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

hee hee hee, pretty funny, I like this article very much (especially the colourful snake wording) though I m so scared of snake ...

How about you? Do you scared of snake?